Garden Room Kits
Self build, flat pack garden room kits, delivered to your door.
Our Garden Room Kits
So you’d love to own a garden room? Who can blame you. They give you extra space, are multi-purpose and they look amazing. Ideal for any back garden, a well made garden room can transform any drab, useless space into a place of beauty and function.
Need a quiet space to work, away from the hustle and bustle of family life? Just want somewhere to relax and unwind with a good book and a glass of wine on the weekends?
There are multitudes of reasons to buy a garden room, but why buy one of Glampods self-build garden room kits? Here’s why:
- You could save a small fortune by buying one of our kits. A completed garden room or home office, fully built and delivered could cost anything from £30,000 upwards depending on the size and specification. Our kits start from just over £4,900, so the potential savings you could make are huge.
- We pride ourselves on our excellent customer service. We’re a small family business based in Shropshire in the heart of the UK. Help with ordering or aftercare is only ever a phone call or an email away. You can get us on the phone between 9 & 5 and emails are answered within a couple of hours.
- Transparency – We aim to have as much information about our products and pricing as possible on the website. We know how frustrating it can be to visit a website and find almost no useful information, that’s why we’re constantly updating the site with new content, helpful articles and as much clear information about our kits as possible. Every price on the website and all prices we will quote you will include VAT so there’ll be no nasty surprises when you come to order.
Buying Guide - Garden Room Kits
Firstly, it’s important to know what is and isn’t included in the ‘base kit’.
This image shows everything that comes with the base kit:
- A pine timber base frame – tanalised for long life.
- 18mm OSB flooring. This is the base of your floor. Most customers choose to overlay this with another type of flooring such as laminate or carpet to make it more aesthetically pleasing.
- Pine timber main frame panels – constructed from 3×2 CLS. We pre-clad the mainframe in 9mm moisture resistant OSB ready for the metal corrugated cladding to be fixed to.
- Tongue and Groove clad roof panels with cavities for insulation – constructed from 3×2 CLS and 12mm tongue and groove.
- Metal roofing sheets – Corrugated, plastisol coated in Jet Black.
- Timber Roof Fascias for eaves.
- Tongue and groove clad roof arches.
- Four pine joinery windows to be screwed together to form two double windows.
- Two pine doors to form a double door. Important note: The four windows supplied come from the manufacturer with handles and catches, but you’ll need to purchase door furniture (handles / lock / hinges) separately. You’ll also need to buy glass and beading for the doors and windows. Glass sizes required for the windows can be found here and glass sizes for the doors can be found here.
- Moisture membrane roll – This serves as a breathable barrier between the external cladding and the main frame and will help reduce condensation and damp from building up.
- Corrugated metal cladding with a choice of colours available and bargeboard corner flashing to match.
- All fixings for the base kit.
- An assembly instruction booklet. This booklet will guide you through assembling the base kit. Please note we don’t include instructions on how to insulate, clad, hang doors, fit glass and beading etc. As these are general skills that you should either have from experience or can learn. You also have the option of hiring somebody with the necessary skills locally to help fit your kit.
- Internal partition with doorframe.
- Tongue and groove cladding for internal partiton, 12mm thickness.
- Glass for windows and doors.
Glass for Standard Windows:
Glass for Double Doors:
- Beading for windows and doors.
- Fixings for internal cladding – Loose screws, nails, or coil nails if using a nail gun.
- Silicon gun(s) – For sealing internal edges.
- Wood treatment or paint for any wooden cladding.
- Flooring to cover OSB supplied – Most customers opt for laminate or carpet.
- Furniture and furnishings.
- Power Drill / Electric Screwdriver with the following screwdriver bits:
- T20 Torx
- 8mm Hex for roofing screws
- Stanley knife or sharp scissors to cut moisture membrane
- Hand held staple gun for moisture membrane
- Jigsaw or fine handsaw for insulation
- Handsaw, jigsaw or chopsaw for cutting timber cladding.
- A measuring tape and pencil for cladding.
The total price will be made up of the following:
- Base kit price.
- Any optional extras you decide to buy from us such as internal cladding and insulation.
- Delivery charge if applicable. Delivery to mainland England and Wales is free. We deliver to mainland Scotland but will need to quote you for delivery, please email us or use our contact form and send us your full delivery postcode for a quote. If you are buying more than one kit at a time then please let us know this too in order for us to quote you accurately.
Unfortunately we are unable to deliver outside of mainland England, Wales and Scotland.
All prices quoted in person and on our website include VAT at 20%.
What information should you send us?
● Your billing and delivery addresses
● Contact telephone number
● Which product and size of base kit you would like.
● A list of any optional extras you would like to purchase
● If you live in mainland Scotland, and we haven’t quoted for delivery yet, please make sure we have the full delivery postcode.
● If you have any preference for delivery days / dates, please let us know and we will try our best to accommodate you.
How do you pay?
Once you have your invoice, we require a 50% deposit to place your order.
Ways to pay:
- Bank transfer – You’ll find our bank details at the bottom of your invoice.
- Card over the phone – call the office on 01746 783595. We accept all major debit and credit cards except American Express.
The balance is due three working days before delivery, but we will be in touch by email the week before with a reminder.
For ease of access, the transport company we use will deliver your kit on a 3.5 tonne flat bed van towing a trailer:
All kit parts will need to be hand-balled off so it’s very important that at least one strong person is on site on arrival to help unload, more is better.
What if you have restricted access?
We have built all of our kit parts to fit through a standard sized doorway so if necessary they can be taken through a house, garage or garden gate, assuming that it is a straight run through.
Please let us know early on in the ordering process if you are at all concerned about access, either for the delivery vehicle or for the size of the kit parts. It may be helpful to send us photos.
How long does delivery take?
In general, our lead time is 4-6 weeks but can be shorter or longer depending on the time of year. If timescale is important, please ask about our lead time before ordering.
Once you have paid your deposit, we will be back in touch within the next 2 weeks to arrange delivery. If you have a preferred day of the week or preferred dates, please let us know and we will try our best to accommodate your request.