Self build, flat pack garden room kits, delivered to your door.
Our Garden Rooms
So you’d love to own a garden room? Who can blame you. They give you extra space, are multi-purpose and they look amazing. Ideal for any back garden, a well made garden room can transform any drab, useless space into a place of beauty and function.
Need a quiet space to work, away from the hustle and bustle of family life? Just want somewhere to relax and unwind with a good book and a glass of wine on the weekends?
There are multitudes of reasons to buy a garden room, but why buy one of Glampods self-build garden room kits? Here’s why:
- You could save a small fortune by buying one of our kits. A completed garden room or home office, fully built and delivered could cost anything from £30,000 upwards depending on the size and specification. Our kits start from just over £3,500, so the potential savings you could make are huge.
- We give you complete control over what your garden room will look like. By leaving things such as cladding and insulation as optional extras, we give you the option of buying them from wherever you like, enabling you to achieve any finish or look that you want.
- We pride ourselves on our excellent customer service. We’re a small family business based in Shropshire in the heart of the UK. Help with ordering or aftercare is only ever a phone call or an email away. You can get us on the phone between 9 & 5 and emails are answered within a couple of hours.
- Transparency – We aim to have as much information about our products and pricing as possible on the website. We know how frustrating it can be to visit a website and find almost no useful information, that’s why we’re constantly updating the site with new content, helpful articles and as much clear information about our kits as possible. Every price on the website and all prices we will quote you will include VAT so there’ll be no nasty surprises when you come to order.
Buying Guide - Garden Room Kits
Firstly, it’s important to know what is and isn’t included in the ‘base kit’.
This photo shows everything that comes with the base kit:
- A pine timber base frame – tanalised for long life.
- 18mm OSB flooring. This is the base of your floor. Most customers choose to overlay this with another type of flooring such as laminate or carpet to make it more aesthetically pleasing.
- A 0.6m decking area to the front of the garden room.
- Pine timber main frame panels – constructed from 3×2 CLS.
- Tongue and Groove cladded roof panels with cavities for insulation – constructed from 3×2 CLS and 12mm tongue and groove.
- Metal roofing sheets – Box profile in anthracite grey.
- Metal roof fascias for front and sides of roof and vertical strips as shown in above diagram – anthracite grey.
- Three pine windows – a left and a right hinged to make a double window and one top hinged single window.
- Four pine ‘full-sun’ doors – outer two to be fixed in place and inner two to be hinged as double, patio style doors. Important note: The three windows supplied come from the manufacturer with handles and catches, but you’ll need to buy your own door furniture (handles / lock / hinges) and know how to fit them. You’ll also need to buy glass and beading for the doors and windows. Glass sizes required for the windows can be found here and glass sizes for the doors can be found here.
- Moisture membrane roll – This serves as a breathable barrier between the external cladding and the main frame and will help reduce condensation and damp from building up.
- All fixings for the base kit.
- An assembly instruction booklet. This booklet will guide you through assembling the base kit. Please note we don’t include instructions on how to insulate, clad, hang doors, fit glass and beading etc. As these are general skills that you should either have from experience or can learn. You also have the option of hiring somebody with the necessary skills locally to help fit your kit.
- Metal base frame – This is a stronger and longer lasting alternative to the tanalised timber base frame we provide as standard.
- Internal partition with doorframe.
- Tongue and groove cladding for internal partiton, 12mm thickness.
- Internal MDF Cladding boards for internal partition. 9mm thickness, comes primed, ready for painting.
- Glass for windows and doors.
- Beading for windows and doors.
- Door furniture – The windows we provide come from the manufacturer with hinges and catches already attached, but you’ll need to buy hinges, handles and locks for your door(s).
- Fixings for any cladding – Loose screws, nails, or coil nails if using a nail gun.
- Silicon gun(s) – For sealing internal edges.
- Wood treatment or paint for wooden cladding.
- Flooring to cover OSB supplied – Most customers opt for laminate or carpet.
- Furniture and furnishings.
- Power Drill / Electric Screwdriver with the following screwdriver bits:
- T20 Torx
- 8mm Hex for roofing screws
- Stanley knife or sharp scissors to cut moisture membrane
- Hand held staple gun for moisture membrane
- Jigsaw or fine handsaw for insulation
- Handsaw, jigsaw or chopsaw for cutting timber cladding.
- A measuring tape and pencil for cladding.
The total price will be made up of the following:
- Base kit price.
- Any optional extras you decide to buy from us such as cladding and insulation.
- Delivery charge if applicable. Delivery to mainland England and Wales is free. We deliver to mainland Scotland but will need to quote you for delivery, please email us or use our contact form and send us your full delivery postcode for a quote. If you are buying more than one kit at a time then please let us know this too in order for us to quote you accurately.
Unfortunately we are unable to deliver outside of mainland England, Wales and Scotland.
All prices quoted in person and on our website include VAT at 20%.
What information should you send us?
● Your billing and delivery addresses
● Contact telephone number
● Which size of base kit you would like.
● A list of any optional extras you would like to purchase
● If you live in mainland Scotland, and we haven’t quoted for delivery yet, please make sure we have the full delivery postcode.
● If you have any preference for delivery days / dates, please let us know and we will try our best to accommodate you.
How do you pay?
Once you have your invoice, we require a 50% deposit to place your order. You’ll find our bank transfer details on the bottom of the invoice or you can call the office to pay by card.
The balance is due three working days before delivery, but we will be in touch by email the week before with a reminder.
For ease of access, the transport company we use will deliver your kit on a 3.5 tonne flat bed van towing a trailer:
All kit parts will need to be handballed off so it’s very important that at least one strong person is on site on arrival to help unload.
If you have ordered a metal base frame, it would be a good idea to have two strong people on site as these are extremely heavy.
What if you have restricted access?
We have built all of our kit parts to fit through a standard sized doorway so if necessary they can be taken through a house, garage or garden gate. The only exception to this is the metal base frame.
Please let us know early on in the ordering process if you are at all concerned about access, either for the delivery vehicle or for the size of the kit parts. It may be helpful to send us photo’s.
How long does delivery take?
In general, our lead time is 4-6 weeks but can be shorter or longer depending on the time of year. If timescale is important, please ask about our lead time before ordering.
Once you have paid your deposit, we will be back in touch within the next 2 weeks to arrange delivery. If you have a preferred day of the week or preferred dates, please let us know and we will try our best to accommodate your request.