Shepherd's Hut Kits
Self build, flat pack shepherd’s hut kits, delivered to your door.
Our Shepherd's Hut Kits
So you’d love to own a shepherd’s hut? Who can blame you. They give you extra space, are multi-purpose and they look amazing. Whether in your back garden or on a campsite, a well made shepherd’s hut can transform any drab, useless space into a place of beauty and function.
Need a quiet space to work, away from the hustle and bustle of family life? Want to make extra money renting out spare space? Just want somewhere to relax and unwind with a good book and a glass of wine on the weekends?
There are multitudes of reasons to choose a shepherds hut, but why buy one of Glampods self-build shepherd’s hut kits? Here’s why:
- You could save a small fortune by buying one of our kits. A completed shepherds hut, fully built and delivered could cost anything from £30,000 to £100,000 depending on the size and specification. Our kits start from just over £3,500, so the potential savings you could make are huge.
- We give you complete control over what your hut will look like. By leaving things such as cladding and insulation as optional extras, we give you the option of buying them from wherever you like, enabling you to achieve any finish or look that you want.
- We aim to be as flexible as possible by allowing the customer to choose their own window and door layout. Send us a sketch of where you’d like them placed on the kit and we’ll build the openings to suit. You can even upgrade to a double door or you can purchase more windows.
- We pride ourselves on our excellent customer service. We’re a small family business based in Shropshire in the heart of the UK. Help with ordering or aftercare is only ever a phone call or an email away. You can get us on the phone between 9 & 5 and emails are answered within a couple of hours.
- Transparency – We aim to have as much information about our products and pricing as possible on the website. We know how frustrating it can be to visit a website and find almost no useful information, that’s why we’re constantly updating the site with new content, helpful articles and as much clear information about our kits as possible. Every price on the website and all prices we will quote you will include VAT so there’ll be no nasty surprises when you come to order.
Order Your Shepherd Hut Kit Today
3.6 x 2.3
4.2 x 2.3
4.8 x 2.3
5.4 x 2.3
6.0 x 2.3
Buying Guide - Shepherd's Hut Kits
Firstly, it’s important to know what is and isn’t included in the ‘base kit’.
This photo shows everything that comes with the base kit:
- Two standard metal axles and four wheels
- A timber base frame – tanalised for long life
- Timber CLS mainframe in sections
- Tongue and Groove cladded roof panels with cavities for insulation.
- Metal corrugated roofing sheets – pre-curved and painted in Anthracite Grey.
- Windows and doors. As standard we supply one door and three windows. The windows come as a right and left hinged to make a double window and one top hinged window to be used as a single window. The windows come from the manufacturer with handles and catches but you’ll need to buy your own door furniture (handles / lock / hinges) and know how to fit them. You’ll also need to buy glass and beading for the doors and windows. Glass sizes required are listed on the website.
- 18mm OSB flooring. This is the base of your floor. Most customers choose to overlay this with another type of flooring such as laminate or carpet to make it more aesthetically pleasing.
- Moisture membrane roll – This serves as a breathable barrier between the external cladding and the main frame and will help reduce condensation and damp from building up.
- All fixings for the base kit (screws, bolts and wheel pins)
- An assembly instruction booklet. This booklet will guide you through assembling the base kit. Please note we don’t include instructions on how to insulate, clad, hang doors, fit glass and beading etc. As these are general skills that you should either have from experience or can learn. You also have the option of hiring somebody with the necessary skills locally to help fit your kit.
- Internal cladding – 12mm pine tongue and groove.
- External cladding
- 12mm tanalised, pine featheredge for a rustic look, or
- Corrugated metal cladding (wriggly tin) in a range of colours.
Important notes on cladding:
External Metal Cladding – We provide this cladding as two different sheet sizes; 2.1m x 1m for the long sides and 2.5m x 1m for the ends.
The customer is responsible for cutting out the window and door apertures and to accommodate the end curves.
The only finishing strips provided are the end caps for the four corners.
It is always a good idea to pre-plan all cuts and fitments beforehand. Measure twice and cut once is a good rule to follow.
You will receive five longer sheets for the hut ends in order to accommodate the curve of the roof. One of these sheets will need to be cut in half, so that you have two and a half sheets for each hut end.
Timber Cladding (internal and external) – This cladding is provided in UNCUT lengths. We always provide adequate amounts for each build. We calculate this based on the assumption that the kit will be clad horizontally. If you are planning to clad vertically, please contact us prior to ordering.
Each kit is individual with most customers wanting their own window and door layout. Because of this, we are unable to provide a cutting list and it is essential that you, the customer are able to calculate the most efficient cutting method to cover all panels with minimum wastage.
We do not provide finishing strips, skirting, coving, beading or fixings for cladding. You will need to purchase these from a local DIY merchant if required.
External Featheredge – all overlap boards for the exterior should be installed with approximately 20mm overlap and no less, as the boards can naturally shrink in hot weather.
Under very extreme weather conditions, the boards can twist and move if they are not securely fixed. Avoid fixing the boards too close to the edge as this may split the boards.
- Insulation – We can provide 50mm polystyrene foam insulation boards. We supply enough to insulate all walls and the roof.
- Metal Base Frame – This is a stronger alternative to the tanalised timber base frame we provide as standard. Not necessary with the smaller sized kits but essential and must be purchased with our 6m kit.
- Drawbar – Handy for simple towing if you need to move your hut regularly.
- Turntable – An essential upgrade if you ever need your shepherd’s hut to turn whilst being towed. This replaces one of the front axles provided as standard.
- Lowered Axles – A free replacement for our standard axles which will bring the over-all height of the shepherd’s hut down to 2.9m rather than the standard 3.2m. This option is not compatible with the turntable or drawbar options.
- Internal Partition – Studwork for a partition, enabling you to section the inside of your hut into separate rooms. Useful if you intend to build a bathroom, store room or similar. We build a doorway into each partition, enabling you to fit an internal door or curtain if required. If opting for a partition, we will need to know exactly where in the hut it will be placed as this may affect how we build your kit.
- Cladding for internal partition – 12mm tongue and groove.
- Double door upgrade – Upgrade to double doors. We can provide you with two of our standard doors, which are to be half-glazed and half-cladded, or you can also opt for our full-glass doors to get a french-door look. (Glass not provided and needs to be purchased separately, elsewhere)
- Steps – Pine, wooden steps in either single or double to match your door(s).
- Glass for windows and doors.
If you have opted for our shorter windows, these are the glass sizes needed:
Important note on our windows and doors:
The frame aperture for your windows will be a few mm larger than the actual windows to allow ease of installation. We recommend using a silicon sealant around the frame before installing your cladding.
The windows do not have a fitted sill and we do not provide them.
The door apertures we build are large enough to allow ease of opening and closing when hinges and hardware are installed.
The doors are not pre-fitted and we do not provide a completed door-frame, slam strips, beading or door-frame trim. These items can be sourced by the customer from a local DIY merchant where required.
It is always a good idea for somebody with experience of hanging doors to do this job.
- Beading for windows and doors.
- Door furniture – The windows we provide come from the manufacturer with hinges and catches already attached, but you’ll need to buy hinges, handles and locks for your door(s).
- Fixings for any cladding – Loose screws, nails, or coil nails if using a nail gun.
- Silicon gun(s) – For sealing internal edges.
- A tin of grease for lubricating the wheel stubs.
- Wood treatment or paint for wooden cladding.
- Flooring to cover OSB supplied – Most customers opt for laminate or carpet.
- Furniture and furnishings.
- Power Drill / Electric Screwdriver with the following screwdriver bits:
- T20 Torx
- 8mm Hex for roofing screws
- Adjustable spanner for fitting axles (and turntable (if purchased))
- Pliers for wheel pins
- Stanley knife or sharp scissors to cut moisture membrane
- Hand held staple gun for moisture membrane
- Jigsaw or fine handsaw for insulation
- For corrugated metal cladding only: Reciprocating saw, jigsaw with metal blade or handheld grinder with cutting disc.
- Handsaw, jigsaw or chopsaw for cutting timber cladding.
- A measuring tape and pencil for cladding.
The total price will be made up of the following:
- Base kit price
- Any optional extras you decide to buy from us such as cladding, insulation, extra doors etc.
- Delivery charge if applicable. Delivery to mainland England and Wales is free. We deliver to mainland Scotland but will need to quote you for delivery, please email us or use our contact form and send us your full delivery postcode for a quote. If you are buying more than one kit at a time then please let us know this too in order for us to quote you accurately.
Unfortunately we are unable to deliver outside of mainland England, Wales and Scotland.
All prices quoted in person and on our website include VAT at 20%.
What information should you send us?
● Your billing and delivery addresses
● Contact telephone number
● Which size of base kit you would like.
● A list of any optional extras you would like to purchase
● If you live in mainland Scotland, and we haven’t quoted for delivery yet, please make sure we have the full delivery postcode.
● If you have any preference for delivery days / dates, please let us know and we will try our best to accommodate you.
How do you pay?
Once you have your invoice, we require a 50% deposit to place your order. You’ll find our bank transfer details on the bottom of the invoice or you can call the office to pay by card.
The balance is due three working days before delivery, but we will be in touch by email the week before with a reminder.
For ease of access, the transport company we use will deliver your kit on a 3.5 tonne flat bed van towing a trailer:
All kit parts will need to be handballed off so it’s very important that at least one strong person is on site on arrival to help unload.
If you have ordered a metal base frame, it would be a good idea to have two strong people on site as these are extremely heavy.
What if you have restricted access?
We have built all of our kit parts to fit through a standard sized doorway so if necessary they can be taken through a house, garage or garden gate. The only exception to this is the metal base frame.
Please let us know early on in the ordering process if you are at all concerned about access, either for the delivery vehicle or for the size of the kit parts. It may be helpful to send us photo’s.
How long does delivery take?
In general, our lead time is 4-6 weeks but can be shorter or longer depending on the time of year. If timescale is important, please ask about our lead time before ordering.
Once you have paid your deposit, we will be back in touch within the next 2 weeks to arrange delivery. If you have a preferred day of the week or preferred dates, please let us know and we will try our best to accommodate your request.